Monday, May 5, 2008

Future of computer programs

Me and my team use lots of MS Excel makros. These are visual basic programs which enable to do daily tasks much faster. Last friday I needed to change something in one of them on my own because two of my experts have left the company in recent months. The 3 hour struggle made me think about the future of computer programs:
Today if I want to let do something with the code, I have to define it exactly according to that particular computer language. If I don't, it doesn't work. My vision is that in the near future the programs will "understand" what you try to say. For example you will only write a text the way you wish to describe: "i want you to compare coumn x with column y but there is the condition z which should be eliminated ..." The computer will sense what you mean and realize!

No comments: